Sunday, February 24, 2013

Getting to know Elyse...


Hi! I’m Elyse. I’m so excited to start blogging with one of my bests, Kristin! We decided it would be best for us to start with a “get-to-know-us” post because who wants to take fashion/event planning advice from someone they don’t even know? So here we go!

I am currently a high school Spanish & English teacher. I have lived in Michigan my whole life and I love it. I got married to my 1st crush, 1st kiss, and serious love of my life, Brandon, this summer at an outdoor July wedding in his parent’s backyard. It really was by far the best night of my life and exceeded all my expectations of awesomeness. If I could relive it over every day I so would (I’ll be sure to blog about some of the details on our “Wedding Wednesdays”). :) I love my friends & family, my pool, shopping, dance parties, pineapple, The Bachelor, and dinosaurs. I feel like there is so much more that you should know, but I’m sure you’ll figure it out as we begin this journey.

So, why did Kristin & I decide to start blogging? Well! If you were our students, you would know that we are basically twins. We met when Kristin took a chance on me (a little, scared student teacher) and let me help her coach her poms team. We became very fast friends and quickly realized we loved a lot of the same things including, but not limited to: creating unique outfits, dancing, shopping, and throwing really pretty parties. There would be times when I would be teaching in my classroom, not seeing Kristin before school started that day, and kids would come to me saying that Miss Palmgren & I were wearing the “same” outfit (I mean, same color scheme usually, but there were definitely times we were wearing the SAME exact shirt or skirt!) What’s funny is that this happened a lot, not just once or twice. It was obvious that we were meant to be friends in this life. She is the coolest.


Seriously, we're always twinning. So anyways! I’m so excited that Kristin suggested we start this blog! We know that we love fashion and putting together outfits. In the future, we would love to start an event planning business (Exceptionally Chic Events!) Our blog will cover all of this and probably more, so follow us on this new, exciting journey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment