Monday, February 25, 2013

Kristin's 411...


Hello there! My name is Kristin.  I am currently a High School Math Teacher.  While trying to teach this wonderful youth of America is, in theory, an amazing (roller coaster of a emotions) career, my true passion is (and always has been) fashion.  I cannot really draw, and the extent of my sewing talent is putting a button back on a shirt. I never thought I could pursue a future in the fashion world.  However, one day I hope to open my own boutique/event planning business. 

I was a CAbi (Carol Anderson by invitation-an in home clothing line that represents seasonal designer collections exclusively designed for CAbi) consultant for three seasons and absolutely LOVED it!!  Unfortunately with CAbi, teaching AND coaching I was spread WAY too thin and had to let something go. L That something was CAbi. 

Just a “few” of my favorite things are: polka dots, stripes, coffee, organizing, shopping, hanging with my amazing support system of friends/family/fiancé, my cat Max, listening to music and dancing!!!

About five years ago, I met my sista from anotha motha, Elyse.  We grew up ten miles away from one another. We both grew up with the same love of dance, clothes, accessories, organizing, and the dream to teach.  We even went to the same college!  Life finally brought us together during our teaching careers and we have been inseparable ever since.  We taught high school and coached pom pon together for about four years. 



During this time we had the thought to start an event planning business due to our other passions, entertaining and planning.  Not too long after that, one of my coworkers mentioned that they really liked our “style” but she would never come up with the outfits on her own.  She mentioned that we should make a website to post all our outfits on to give other woman out there inspirations and ideas to go off of.

Elyse got engaged soon after and was busy planning her wedding.  During that time, I too, got engaged and am currently planning my wedding for April 2013.  While the last year has been quite a busy one for the pair of us, we have not lost site of our goal.  We have decided to combine our love of fashion and planning our weddings into one fabulous blog…Exceptionally Chic!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment