Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Nora's Nursery Tour

Hi all! Elyse here! (Shocking -- I know!!) HUGE thanks to Kristin for holding down the blog for us while I was being pregnant/unmotivated and having my baby! KP & I have chatted about how we want to get back into our blogging scene. What kinds of things would you like us to post about!?

Since Kristin showed you Leighelle's finished nursery, I thought I'd show you my Nora's nursery! Yep ladies & gentlemen (are there gentlemen who read this!? haha) I had a lil baby girl! Kristin & I are so excited for Nora & Leighelle to grow up as buddies and take over Exceptionally Chic one day. One day far, far away though! :)

Really before we even know Nora was a girl, Brandon and I wanted to keep the nursery very neutral. So, we started scouting out pieces and I just love how it all came together! We decided the colors would be gray, mint, and white -- with other pops of color mixed about. Check it out!

Meet the love of my life -- Nora Faye Rosengren! Born November 26th :)

Crib: Ikea // Crib sheet: Aden + Anais // Pillows: Home Goods, Blabla, gift 
*And no, we do nooootttt keep pillows in her crib while she was sleeping! She is wide awake here and they came right out after pictures, I promise! :)

Mobile: Baby Jives // Art: Nora's Uncle Alex

Rocker: Babies R Us // Pillow: gift // Pouf: Land of Nod

I had to give a close up shot of the beautiful calligraphy piece that one of my bestie's Casey did! Our canvas is from Canvas On Demand (photo courtesy of Carah K Photography - if you are local, she is amazing!) and the N we made from a cardboard N bought from Joann Fabric that we half spray painted gold.

I found this bassinet at a consignment shop and it now is Nora's blanket holder -- so convenient! And art work again is from Brandon's brother, Alex.

Dresser, Clock, and Light: IKEA

Nora's Auntie Jayne made this teepee without a pattern! She is a sewing master. I told her my visions and she made them a reality. I love it! Rug: Ikea // Bear Art: Uncle Alex :)

One of my favorite corners of Nora's room, her reading nook! The room is completely white, but the nook is a mint green. I was gifted her "You Are So Loved" print, Brandon made the bookshelves out of pallets one day while he had some time at work, and the vintage rocking horse chair is from a HUGE antique show in Grand Rapids during the summer. (Space heater: Target) ;)

Lovelovelove that we were able to jam pack these book shelves after her baby shower! And love reading all the sweet messages people wrote in them.

This was hanging at her baby shower thrown by my amazing coworkers. Made by my sweet friend, Jen!

Mirror: Ikea (this was in here before it became a nursery, so we kept it. She looooves looking in it!) // Hoodie: The Wishing Elephant (don't judge me, the hoddie is a 2T. But I could not pass it up. It's adorable!)

I loved putting this room together and know that it will be able to grow with her as she does (or become a nursery for another baby some day if we are lucky!) Hope you enjoyed!

XO, E




No comments:

Post a Comment