Sunday, March 9, 2014

Birdcage Chandelier - DIY

From one of my perusing trips in downtown Holly, I stumbled across an antique birdcage with a chandelier underneath it.  Brilliant!!!  I instantly fell in love with it for Baby Girl's Nursery!  However...it was pricey with a capital P...but it was super big and beautiful-worth it?  I couldn't decide.  I stewed on for a couple weeks and saved up my tutoring scruples still debating.  I decided that I had to have it, went back and it was GONE! Guess it wasn't meant to be...

Long story short, the store was able to find me another one that was similar, however after we measured it, Mitch and I realized that it was way too long for her room.  We would bonk our heads on it for sure.  

So, I decided that I was going to make my own.  I searched everywhere for the perfect birdcage, then with the interior measurements, I hunted for a chandelier that would fit inside.  After a couple trial and errors, I found the one that fit great!  


My inspiration:



My end product:


Birdcage found on Etsy


It looks a little peachy in the pic, but it is a sweet pink color :-)


We purchased the ceiling decal (not sure what they are called at the moment) from Amazon.com


My crafty Hubby drilled through the top of the birdcage so the chandelier would hang straight... AND put a dimmer switch on it for night time cuddles in the glider :-)


Chandelier from Wayfair.com


Excuse the "stuff" in her room...we still have just a bit more organizing to do...

There you have it!

We ended up saving $160 by doing it ourselves!! Yay for DIYs!!!

XO - K





No comments:

Post a Comment