Wednesday, June 12, 2013

WW: DIY Table Numbers

Hello, lovelies! Today Kristin and I are talking about our DIY table numbers! If you have even looked at Pinterest, you will see there are gazillions of ways to do your table numbers. And, if you are planning to have your reception at a venue, chances are that they have generic table numbers already made that they would be willing to let you use. 

Kristin and I knew that we wanted to do SOMETHING for our table numbers, but that we also wanted to keep it simple. So, I went to Joann's every time I had some sort of coupon and would buy these numbers. They would also go on sale and when they did I would get as many as I could. I only had 27 tables, so once I got numbers 1-27 I was all good. I wanted to keep them very plain, so Brandon put a light stain on them and we just stood them up against the boxes that were my centerpieces. 

Kristin's venue, the Lafayette Grand's Crystal Ballroom, had 45 (!!!) tables of all different sizes (from 2-tops to 6-tops to maybe even a couple of 8-tops) so she had a lot more numbers than myself. Kristin took what she could of mine and then bought some more when they went on sale or with coupons. She didn't get the exact same numbers as me, but that made for a very unique look on the different tables. She painted them her Tiffany blue color and then glued them together so they didn't separate. She also stood them up on her vases. It ended up looking fabulous and we got to get a lot of use out of those numbers!

Moral of the story here? You can do a lot with a little. And if you are given the opportunity to have something passed down to you, you can definitely take it and put your own spin on it. There are lots of wedding websites where brides are selling things from their weddings, or even ebay/craig's list has a lot of used wedding pieces that could easily be a great addition to any wedding!

We've attached some pics so you can see what they looked like. Plus, we think it's fun to see them with different centerpieces. Enjoy! XO, E&K

(Another think you'll notice that is SUCH a necessity -- votive candles! They are such a romantic mood to the atmosphere ... we would HIGHLY recommend!) 

Elyse's wedding: 





Kristin's Wedding:





Elyse's photos courtesy of: Studio 6.23
Kristin's photos courtesy of: e.c. campbell photography

No comments:

Post a Comment