Friday, July 19, 2013

A Fab Friday DIY!

Today I am going to take about a Fab Find that I found on the Internet! I was looking for art ideas to get Brandon something for our anniversary (he's not a gift guy- but he really appreciates things that are handmade) and I finally found this tutorial at A Beautiful Mess ... which was perfect! Instead of song lyrics, I decided to paint a portion of our wedding vows. I started with 1 canvas, but then realized that I needed another. Here's a step-by-step ... it is so simple!

All you need to start with is black paint, a canvas, paint brush(es) - took me awhile to decide what size I liked, and a spot to paint. (Oh yeah, coffee is optional!) :)




This was my blank canvas next to the canvas I'd already painted. I wanted them to line up and be spaced similar. You can see that I kind of lightly painted the words and then I went over it with more paint.


Halfway through!


The finished product!


And there it is! Over our bed! :) This was only a small part of our vows, but it was the part that we both said (since we wrote our own, we had the same "I promise" section) so I love that about it. BUT! I feel like you are inclined to read straight across instead of down one canvas and onto the other. That is why we spaced them so far apart. Anyways, I still love the look and the way it turned out!

Happy Friday, ya'll! XO, E




No comments:

Post a Comment