Monday, July 15, 2013

E's MM - Introducing Stitch Fix!

Hey, all! Today I am going to use my Mode Monday to talk about my 1st July Stitch Fix package! If you have not heard of Stitch Fix- you totally need to try it! (Kristin was on vaycay last week, so I'm holding down the Mode Monday for the both of us. She'll be back next week!)

Here's how it works: You sign up here, filling in your style profile. This gives you the chance to tell what kinds of clothing you're looking for (like in my particular style profile, I said that I loved maxi skirts/dresses and didn't need work clothes right at the moment) you can choose colors you like or want to avoid, they give you a lot of pictures that you decide if you like or dislike so they can get a style feel, and you can even upload pinterest boards that show your style! The more information you give them- the better job they can do at picking our your fix. Then, you simply pay the $20 styling fee (which you will get taken off your order if you buy something) and schedule your fix (which will not get charged until you get it)! Once you get your 5 pieces, you have 3 days to try it all on and decide what you like/want to keep. I tried everything on a bunch of times and kept changing my accessories/shoes to see what I liked the best. They even put tags on the clothing with different outfit ideas. After the 3 days you can decide what you want to keep (if anything) and go back online to evaluate your box. Anything you keep is charged to your card (but it's LESS the $20 that you already paid to get the box!) and then you just send back the rest of the clothing in the pre-paid package that they give you! Simple as that!

I scheduled mine and got it just last Thursday. I LOVED my whole Stitch Fix box! I had specifically said I was interested in summer clothing, stuff I wouldn't normally pick for myself, and jewelry. I also said I wanted my clothing costs to be as low as possible (working on my budgeting skills!) and there wasn't anything in my box over $50 which I really appreciated. I ended up keeping a skirt and necklace. If you do end up keeping the whole box, you get 25% off everything, but that just wasn't in the cards for me this go around. Ok, enough with my chatting -- let's check out the clothes!

(Disclaimer: I was solo when I took these pics, so get ready for some selfies!)

Pieces #1 & #2: Maxi skirt & Necklace


(How pretty is Traverse City?!?!?!)

There are the two that I kept! It was love at first sight with this maxi (how awesome is that print?!) and I love everything mint & long statement necklaces, so my stylist picked two pieces right on the money for me! Wore this outfit wine tasting this weekend and I loved it. 


 Piece #3: Printed blouse



Adored this blouse. I loved the colors and the detailing in the back. It is definitely something that could transition from summer to fall and would have been a great piece for work. How cute would it have looked tucked into a skirt or with a blazer overtop?? (PS- See that tag on the last pic? Those were their outfit ideas... loved that they gave me a couple of options that I may not have come up with on my own!)

Piece #4: Racerback Tank



I also really liked this racer back tank! (I told you- I loved my whole box!!) Although I did see myself probably wearing this the least, I mostly liked the color. For whatever reason, orange isn't something I'm drawn to when I'm shopping for myself, but I loved it with the gray! The fit was seriously perfect and I loved the detail. Another really fun piece for the summer that could make an easy transition into fall.

Piece #5: High-low dress



I realllllllly liked this dress and probably would have kept it, except it was a little too big up top. Again it was a print/color I wouldn't have normally picked out, so I was excited about getting it in my fix! I loved the high-low cut of it and the cut out detail on the shoulders. Perfect dress for a shower or wedding! I added the belt, but it would look fine without a belt as well. 


So there ya go! I loved my Stitch Fix and it was so fun to look forward to something in the mail that was for me! You have no obligations to Stitch Fix once you sign up - you can do it once or you can do it every month! I have my next one scheduled for September, as a little back to school present to myself. :) 

Again, if you want to try it - click here! This will take you right to the page to start your style profile (yes- it is a referral link, so it will help me get credit in my account, too! Once you sign up, if you get others to order a fix you get a $25 credit - not too shabby!) I highly recommend trying it out, it's fun to get packages of course and I loved getting pieces I wouldn't have normally picked out myself!

Have a happy week, ya'll! XO, E




No comments:

Post a Comment