Wednesday, July 3, 2013

WW: E's Special Touches

Hello all and happy 3rd! One day away from my favorite day - the day I got engaged just 2 fabulous years ago! I hope everyone has a fun plan for the 4th! I will be doing the same thing I did the year we got engaged, sunning/lounging/eating/cocktailing/laughing in my in-law's backyard! They have the best 4th of July party ever.

For today's Wedding Wednesday, I wanted to talk about 5 special touches that I added to my wedding. Sometimes it is easy to get caught up in the big details (dress/flowers/venue) that you almost forget to add your own special touches to your wedding. I think that it is so important to put your special touch on things! Pinterest has done a great job of giving brides ideas, but what is special about just copying that? Here are some things that we did at our wedding to make the day OURS:

1. My shoes were embroidered with my to-be initials in blue. I knew that I wanted to wear Toms for my wedding shoe, as we were getting married and walking around on grass all day. My MOH, Jayne, suggested that I get my new initials embroidered on them for my something blue and bless her heart, she even found a lady to do it for me and had it done. She is seeeeeriously THE best.


2. We donated to a charity instead of giving gifts. My mom is President of the SCAMP board in Clarkston. SCAMP is a special camp for kids with special needs during the summer. It really is the best cause. Since my parents did sooooo much for us for the wedding, it only felt right to donate back to SCAMP instead of giving favors. I went to SCAMP when it started and took some pictures, we put a picture on each table with the explanation of what we were doing. I think it was so much better than giving something that would just get thrown away or forgotten. It went to such a great cause!

3. We set out yard games for our guests. This is something that is becoming so trendy now-a-days and I love it! We had 2 sets of bean bags (and Brandon custom painted the boards in our wedding colors) and people played them until late in the night. Our lighting guy even turned some lights around so people could see in the dark - they were such a hit!


4. We set out Thank You coasters at each spot. This was an idea that I definitely took from Pinterest, but again we put our own spin on it. We decided together what we wanted our thank you to say and it came from our heart. It had so much meaning and made me feel better because we definitely didn't get around to thanking everyone the way I wanted to.


5. We created the "BE" theme. I loved having BrandonElyse (BE) be the theme of our wedding. We incorporated it wherever we could. It's fun when you have something that is a characterisitic of the 2 of you to put in special places. This was actually inspired by a BE sign that I got from Etsy and then we just ran with it during our wedding. So fun!



So, those are just a few of the special touches that we put on our wedding! If you find yourself maybe getting too caught up in the big parts of the day, start to think of where you will put your special touches. Even if just you and your hubby-to-be know that it is there, it makes it just a little more special. You can look back knowing how special your day was to you. I am 11 days away from our 1st anniversary and I'm not sure that I'll ever tire of seeing the pictures and thinking of the day! 

Enjoy your holiday! Come back next week to see Kristin's special touches from her wedding - she had so many awesome ones! Xo, E

All photo courtesy of Studio 6.23 - they are the best!



No comments:

Post a Comment