Wednesday, July 10, 2013

WW: K's Special Touches

As you saw last week, Brandon and Elyse had SUCH a beautiful wedding and so many little touches that made it their own.  Today it is my turn to show you the things that Mitch and I did to "personalize" our magical day with our special touches.  Here are my favorite 5 (in no particular order):

1.  I had my bouquet/hair piece made out of flower brooches given to me from loved ones:  If you have been following us for a bit, this lil touch is not new to your ears/eyes...but I just LOVED them so.  At each of my showers the host put a little insert inside the invitation for the guest to (if and only if they wanted to/were able to) bring a flower brooch that they were willing to part with for me to use for my bouquet. I had such an amazing turn out that I was able to compile my hair piece out of them as well.  This was SUCH a special touch that I hold dear to my heart. I will have it forever and ever!!  On top of all that...My mom took some of her buttons off of her wedding dress that she wired together and we incorporated them as well!!




2.  We had guests sign wine corks for our "guest book".  The project has not been complete as of yet, but we plan to compile a "P" (for our last name) out of all of the corks our guests signed as a special remembrance of our day.  



3.  We printed off pictures and wrote a lil blurb about each amazing member of our bridal party.  I saw this at a wedding showcasing the bridesmaids and figured we could use the same idea for all of our awesome guys AND gals.  I used old barn windows as the "frames".  We also decorated this table with wedding pics of our parents.  Our cake table had more old wedding pics of our great-great grandparents, great grandparents and grandparents.  





4.  We had roof top sunset photos taken.  This was an idea I had early on in the planning stage.  This was a detail I was not going to forget!!!  I just thought with the city and sunset behind us the pics would be super cool (hopefully).  We basically worked our entire timeline for the day (backwards) based on what time the sun would be setting :-)  When it snowed the Wednesday before our wedding....we were a lil bit nervous... We sure lucked out.





5.  We showed a short video on how we met, how appreciative we were for everyone being there and how thankful we are for our friends and family.  Before our parents/bridal party were to be announced at the reception, Mitch and I wanted to show a video of us talking a little bit about each person-as an introduction.  Our amazing videographer (DV Wedding Kings) agreed to meet with us before hand and video tape this at their studio.  The first cut was about 25 minutes long.  We decided that our guests probably didn't want to sit through all of that....so Mitch and I had it cut down quite a bit (about 7 minutes total).  During cocktail hour we had a slide show of pics of Mitch and I's childhood/courtship.  After guests were seated for dinner/our entrance, the video was played.  Our guests seemed to really enjoy it. Remembering the laughter and the smiles that filled the room, warms my heart to this day.





From the beginning of the planning stages, adding little "unique" touches was something I (we) really wanted to incorporate.  I hope you enjoyed some of our highlights :-)

Another huge thank you to E.C. Campbell Photography for capturing our special moments that we will cherish for a lifetime!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment