Friday, July 19, 2013

An Inspired DIY Fab Friday!!!

Hello and Hi this HOOOOOOOOOOOOOT fabulous Friday!!

My fab find of the day is actually something I already had in the house that I gave a face lift to.

I was walking around Holly (weird) and came across a new, yes NEW adorable lil' consignment called Treasure Alley Boutique Consignment!!!  They have tons of adorable home goods with a vintage/shabby chic vibe... I am IN LOVE.  While I was walking around I spotted an adorable table.  It was soooo reasonably priced, but I have been trying to save some scruples lately and told myself I didn't need it :-(  Here it is below...


Adorable, right?!?  So, I reluctantly left the store. As I was driving home, I had an idea!!  I had a little table already upstairs on the landing that could use a face lift!!  THEN I also remembered that I had a can of blue spray paint that I didn't use from the wedding (I went with a different shade of blue).  So this piece was my inspiration to try to recreate utilizing what I already had.

***This is the ONLY before picture that I can find of it. Ha!  But as you can see, it is a dark color wood (same as the bench) so it was a bit too "dark" up there.  We needed a bit of color!




***Here is the can of spray paint that I used...


And here it is after!



***Same view as the "before" pic :-)



***Bit closer up.


I was going to try to leave the top in the natural wood color, like my inspirational piece I was trying to "copy".  But once I got going, I decided to spray it blue as well (in all honesty, it was just easier...) :-)

Not exactly as adorable as the one at Treasure Alley Boutique....but I am super happy that I saved some money, used what we already had in the house and that the landing has a pop of color :-) NOW... I just need to find some throw pillows/cushions for the bench to tie in the table color...he he :-) 

Stay cool everyone!!  Have a great weekend!!

XO, K













No comments:

Post a Comment