Wednesday, July 24, 2013

WW: Keeping the memories alive!

Hello, all! Kristin & I had a great brainstorming session yesterday and are trying to find ways to better our blog. If you have any suggestions, let us know! Also, we'd love to feature your wedding - email us for details!

But, today, for Wedding Wednesday, we decided to talk about the ways we are keeping our wedding memories alive. It's crazy when you work so hard to make the day of your dreams happen and then before you blink, it's over! So, we each have different ways to share of how we have displayed our wedding memories! And we're not just talking pictures in frames, but other things that are a little more unique!

Elyse's Ideas: 

Well, I'm big on displaying the props that we used on our wedding day. I just love that they are nice little touches to our home with a lot of meaning to us.

In our living room, I have the sign that Abby (our flower girl) carried down the aisle, as well as our BE wood sign that we used as basically a theme to our wedding


In our office, I have the mailbox we used for cards that B customized with our "BE," as well as the shoes that I wore that had my new initials on them:


Then, we have 2 frames that have a lot of meaning to us and are hanging on our "random wall" in our living room. The 1st one was a gift from Lindey (one of my MOH's) at my wedding shower that had the lyrics of our 1st dance song, with our names & wedding date hidden in it: 


The other is a little frame B made one day to surprise me. He took all of the paper things from our wedding (our program, invitation, rehearsal dinner invite) and cut out the letters to be arranged to say "It's like forever" - and my heart melts. Sweetest thing ever!



Kristin's Ideas:

As we are about to "celebrate" our three month wedding anniversary, my projects are still a work in process.  We would still like to find a way to display my brooch bouquet and want to do something for either our vows or our wedding song.  

BUT for now, this is what we have :-)


I made a shadow box of all of the invitations leading up to the wedding along with mementos from the wedding day.  For example, my veil, Mitch's boutonniere, vows, menu, program, etc.   I wanted to add so much more, but didn't want to pay an arm and a leg for a larger shadow box.  This one is a 18 X 24!!  It currently is living on the floor in our bedroom (propped up against the wall), but one day soon will hang on the wall :-)


This is one of my top 3 favorite roof top photos.  I blew it up to a poster size and attached it behind an old barn window.  These windows were all used at the wedding reception for the meet the bridal party display and other signs.  My plan is to fill the other windows with pics as well one day.  This is currently hanging in our front entryway.  


And lastly, for now...our unity sand.  Unfortunately, during the transit from reception to home it got a little "swirled".  But we figured (and a family friend also said it) that this is exactly how life goes.  All the fun adventures and unexpected turns never leave a smooth ride.  A very happy ride...but things never go as planned, do they??  :-)  This little number is in our bedroom as well :-)

Hope you enjoyed reading (and thank you for reading) this WW :-)  Remember, if you have anything that you'd like to share, please comment or email us!!!  We'd LOVE to talk about YOUR ideas!!!

XO, K and E



No comments:

Post a Comment