Friday, May 10, 2013

Gettin' fab this Friday!

Today I am bringing you a fabulous upgrade that my house just got! And it was as simple as using some paint that we already had and painting a door! We have a pool in our backyard and last fall we put in a brick paver patio & small deck off of our kitchen. This is what it looked like (as we were in the process of building)...

*i can't wait to have our pool open again!*

So, see that just plain brown door on the left? As we're sitting in the backyard this year and deciding what I can do to make it "swanky," I felt a sudden need to paint our door. Luckily, we had painted an accent wall in our living room yellow once and we had a ton of paint leftover from it. So, I recruited hubs (because he rocks my socks at painting) to paint the door yellow! Here is what we have now...


Such an upgrade, right?! I wanted people to have something appealing to look at as they float in the pool. It's amazing what a little coat of paint will do! And you know what? Even if we hated it, we could paint it back! Paint is great. Stay tuned as I find more ways to make our backyard rad ... slowly, but surely I am going to make it a cute lil place hang!

Enjoy your weekend! Happy Mother's Day to all our mom readers!! We'll be spending Mom's day with a morning brunch with Mama Horner and an afternoon Tiger's game with Mama Rosengren. :) XO, E

No comments:

Post a Comment