Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Wedding Wednesday-Take time to take it ALL in!!!


WHERE DID THE TIME GO?????????!!!!!

Just last Wednesday I was stressing about getting my sub plans together and SO excited to see how the weekend unfolded...time sure does fly!

One of the best pieces of advice I received, from a few people, was to take just 5 to 10 minutes alone with your new hubby to just look around, soak it all in and reflect.  Everyone there on that magical day was there for US.  What a humbling, surreal, and AMAZING feeling!!!  I wanted more time to be able to share with everyone how grateful we were for them and how thankful we were that they came to share this -once in a lifetime- special day with us.  There is just not enough time!!!!  Even at the hair salon I kept telling myself to take it all in-take it all in. 

Another awesome piece of advice that I got was that this day was not just a wedding, it was a MARRIAGE!  I can see how easy it is to get lost in the details (type A personality here) of the day and lose sight of number one-your new spouse!!!!  Mitch and I told ourselves numerous times that we HAD to make multiple moments for one another...I think in hindsight, with the hustle and bustle of the day, we did a good job.  WHAT A BLAST!!  It truly was the most amazing day of my life.  When people say that nothing else will matter on THE day....they were right!  All the little things that I was worried about the week before, after the rehearsal, I did not even think about twice about them.  Not to mention that our family/friends and bridal party are the MOST AMAZING people in the WORLD!!!! 

Ok, I am getting away from the lil' blurb I wanted to make....there is SO much to tell you!!!!! :-)

But....making time for one another and soaking in the moment/day was the BEST advice ever...we will be able to cherish those moments for a lifetime.  They are mental snapshots of the day I will never forget!!!



***I HAD to have sunset roof top photos!!! It was a vision I had since the day we chose the venue! What a view and moments that will be cherished forever!!! Thank you E.C. Campbell Photography and the fabulous LG staff for all that you did for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



****Mitch and I, around 11 o'clock, had a date to meet on the balcony to overlook over it all. The sight of people dancing, laughing and having a good time still brings a smile to my face and happy tears to my eyes!



We have SO many people to thank for making this day so fabulous!
Stay tuned as the details unfold :-)

XO, K



No comments:

Post a Comment