Friday, May 31, 2013

Oh, Fabulous Friday!

Hello everyone!  TGIF!!!!

This week I added a lil' something to our living room that I wanted to share.  We had been looking for an end table for quite some time without any luck.  We wanted something unique but it had to be tall enough for us to be able to rest a glass, etc. on while sitting on the couch.

SO, I headed out to one of my favorite places for antique-y things...downtown Holly!  At the Holly Arcade Antique Mall I found an old chicken coop (after 2/3 laps around...there is SO much to see)....It was JUST the right height (turned vertically).




Then the search was on for a flat surface to put on top for a lamp, vase, picture frame and/or a glass to sit nicely on.  We came across this old rustic looking tray!!!  JUST the right width and length!!! Jackpot!!!



I got it home, cleaned off my new treasures and voilà!!!  Our new end table...now I just need a cool lamp or sweet vase to put there rather than the pic :-) 




***I will give a disclaimer that I did not just go there on a specific mission, find what I wanted and leave...It is never that easy is it?  The item that I went to look for, I didn't exactly find.  So, moral of the story, if you don't find what you are looking for at first, don't just BUY to buy...be patient and the right thing will pop up eventually :-)  (Even though I need to work on this myself) Ha!

I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!  Don't forget to enter our S&D bangle give away!!  Only two more days to enter!!

Talk to ya on Monday!

Xo, K

No comments:

Post a Comment