Wednesday, May 15, 2013

WW: M & K's Love Story

Hello all!!! 

Here is the background of how we became to be Mitchell and Kristin :-)

Even though our story is not is not as sweet as BE's and our history does not go back as far...he sure was EXACTLY what I had been looking for my entire life!!  Who would have known that he grew up only 25 minutes north of me!  We probably crossed paths a million times!

It was the summer of 2010. Elyse worked at a local golf course that was looking for help.  I needed an extra summer job to help with the cash flow. Long story short: Elyse put in a good word, I got and interview and I had a job!!!!  First of all I got to work with Elyse and secondly I was able to enjoy the beautiful summer weather!

A few weeks into my new summer job, a few fellas on a weekly golf league, approached me and asked if I was "single".  "Oh boy" I thought... (During this time I was to the point of thinking that it was just going to be my cat, Max, and I for the rest of our lives...and had given up 'looking').  I reluctanly said "yes".  They mentioned that they had a buddy that was "one of the greatest guys they knew" and asked if I was willing to meet him.  I figured what was the harm in chatting?  We talked the next day over the phone and he seemed very nice, well spoken and polite.

We met up a couple times for a drink after work/his game at the golf corse for an hour or two.  Conversation was so awesome and so easily comfortable.  I found myself thinking about his smile and sparkling eyes A LOT after we parted for the evenings.

I have to admit, I had my guard up... I was enjoying single life, hanging with girlfriends/family and just doing my own thing.  I had just returned from TC, had a family reunion Up North for a weekend and was flying to Columbia, MO to visit a bestie.  So, subconsciously I really was not in any hurry...  and especially was not going to get my hope up.

When I returned from my travels we had our first official date in Clarkston.  He picked me up at my place, opened the doors for me (still does) and was an absolute gentleman (still is) :-)  We had a WONDERFUL evening.

Fast forward a month...we were together ALL the time.  It was crazy how fabulous, natural, and easy it was to laugh, talk about anything, be ourselves and have FUN.  His heart, selflessness and compassion was like a breath of fresh air.  It had me thinking, "ok, what's the catch"????  Well, turns out...no catch!


The day we made it "official" was the JayZ/Eminem concert at Comerica Park in September.  A large group of them rented a bus...so I got to meet the ENTIRE crew that night :-)  We had a blast!!



He is so wonderful, he even helped chaperone the Homecoming Dance at the HS I taught and coached at (without complaining) :-).  
It was not too long when I felt myself "falling" for this amazing man! I had never met such a kind hearted, thoughtful person with so much life, spontaneity, drive and care for others before.



We were always going on adventures.  We went to Chicago to visit his great buddy and go to the Northwestern/MSU game that Fall.  Christmas time we headed to Arkansas to visit his family then swing by to visit my bestie in Columbia, MO again.  The above pic was at the Corktown Race in Detroit, March of 2011.  We were here there and everywhere!!!


Training for the Detroit Half Marathon, Harvest Stompede Run, golf tournaments/outings and heading to Pentwater kept us busy the Summer/Fall of 2011!  The following few months we were still training for the half but now started planning and saving for our Glacier National Park trip in June 2012.  Looking back, that time was a blur!


Fast forward now to June 2012.  WHAT AN EXPERIENCE!!!!  This was an unforgettable experience.  Mitch, and our great friend Damon, planned the ENTIRE trip (us girls helped a bit...)  The entire experience was a fabulous/amazing/EPIC adventure.  I had NO idea what to expect...I was trusting that they did :-)

Well this was the trip he gave me the shock of a lifetime (really, I had NO clue what was coming).



Does this face look like it knew what was coming???????


We didn't know it, but the next nine months would be a WHIRLWIND!  We got home and the planning began...not just for the wedding though...  Between July and November Mitch and I both got new jobs in new cities, moved in with his parents, bought a house in a new town, moved into the new house AND were planning a wedding.....!!!!  Talk about WHOA!!!



Long story short, when love is right, you know it- it comes easily and naturally...even though stress and change may make the ride a little more challenging, it is all about teamwork, trust, compromise, patience and COMMUNICATION!!  Mitch truly is my Prince Charming who continues to put me on a pedestal and show me what true love feels like.


I truly feel blessed for the amazing man that chose to spend the rest of his life with me!  I cannot WAIT to see where life takes us.  I am so excited for our new adventures ahead!!
 
Thank you to the "fellas at the golf course" (who are all our amazing friends)- 
we owe it all to you :-)
 
Mitchell Lee, I love you so much.  You are my world! 
Thank you for making me feel like the luckiest girl alive!!!
 
Xo, K


No comments:

Post a Comment