Friday, May 10, 2013

It's a rainy but FAB 'cloom' Friday!!!

Hello everyone!!!! 
Hope it is a nicer morning out where you are than here...

What is a "cloom" you ask???  Well, a CLoset that was made out of a rOOM, of course :-)  I cannot take credit for the phrase...as one of my fab girlfriends came up with it for her 'cloom' in her house.

So, it all started when Mitch and I purchased our home this past Fall.  It is a VERY old home, and we are lucky to have the closet space that we do (but everything would have been super spread out)..... however the room that we made our master bedroom has a closet half the size of our pantry...boooo!  So, Mitch and I had the idea to make the middle "smaller" room a closet!!!! 

First of all, before I share my fab cloom find, I must give a shout out to my absolutely, positively GREATEST fab find in the WORLD.....my HUBBY!!!!!  Boy is he handy, crafty, talented...not to mention sweet, caring, handsome and amazing!!!!!  So HE is actually my fab find this week...because he thought up, designed AND made-with his bare hands-(with my fab Father-in-Law's help and some tools I am sure) this AMAZING cloom of ours.

We did not want to compromise the walls by drilling holes into them, etc, so here is his AWESOME design...I told him he should start a business in cloom making!!!!!! :-)

Materials needed:
*2x4's
*Wood Screws
*Mini Wax Stain
*10' Gas Line Pipes...(fyi) he said it was cheaper to buy a 10' pipe and cut it in half than it was to buy
   two 5' pipes...


***Chandy update was purchased at Lowe's :-) 


***This vanity used to be my GREAT grandmothers!!!  Do you see the picture frame, top left?  That is a picture of my Mom sitting at it....when she was 7/8 years old!!!!!!!!!!!

***Mitch's "side"

***Here is a pic of the cloom's closet...turned it into my shoe closet :-)  Sorry my shoe tree is a lil messy...

***My "side"


***Here is a close up of his craftsmanship :-)
 
 
 
Hope you all have a FAB Mother's Day weekend!!! 
I cannot wait to spend time with our FABULOUS Moms!!!!
 
XO, K

No comments:

Post a Comment