Friday, March 22, 2013

I heart Fab Friday!!!

Goooooood Day to You!!!  Happy happy Friday!

Today I am going to chat about another creation of ours.  My Mom and Aunt let Mitch and I take a look around my Grandparents poll barn to see if there were any treasures that we would like for our new place.  Well, my Grandfather was an AMAZING artist so the treasures/memories were overwhelming!  We had to go back a second time :-)

We took home a sweet leather trunk, a few picture frames, a roll of old fabric (he once designed the pattern of the material used for the interior seat covers in automobiles), and a key ring full of keys-to name a few FAB finds (I am sure I will be blogging about the other find one day soon).  Anyway, the key ring had about twenty old rusty keys.  No one was really sure where the keys came from (or what they belonged to) but I had to have them.  They sat on my counter for a couple days before I came up with my idea.  I would make a "P" for Pierce (my soon to be new last name-or for Palmgren my current last name-my initials won't change :-) !!!) out of them and put one of my Grandfathers old frames around it!!

So, one Friday night I started creating.  I spray painted the frame white, bought a little canvas from Michael's (painted it with the left over Chalk Paint that we had from the shutters) and glued the keys on into a "P" shape.... and Voilà!!

We hung it on the wall in the guest bedroom because the canvas matched the headboard so well :-)

Hope you have a FABULOUS weekend!!!

Chat again Monday!

Xo, K


No comments:

Post a Comment