Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Wedding Wednesday!!

Hello wonderful readers!

Welcome to Wedding Wednesday!!

Elyse and I were talking this week on which one of us should write for Wedding Wednesday.  I have to admit I am a little "shy" to discuss my wedding plans, because nothing is finalized (I mean, the big super important stuff is <ugh, besides the DJ-that story is for another day>, but I am talking about all the nitty gritty stuff).  A lot of ideas are flying around in my noggin and will come to fruition as the final weeks near, but as you saw, Elyse's wedding was BEAUTIFUL and she had soooo many fab ideas. I thought she should keep it up cuz I know many of you want to see more!! :-)  I threw a couple ideas out there of what I could discuss and we decided that I would talk about my soon to be "brooch bouquet"!!!

I was not the girl that had her future wedding planned out whatsoever (if you do, more power to ya!  You will have a MUCH easier time).  As I got older, I was not sure what my finances would be with my future husband and I (making the big bucks as a teacher and all).  I had little ideas in my head that I wanted (simple/elegant/DIFFERENT touches) but the big picture was pretty much a blank canvas.  All I have to say is THANK GOODNESS FOR Pinterest/The Knot/Wedding Bee/Etsy/Etc!!!

As I saw different inspirations, my vision started to piece itself together.  One idea that I fell in love with, on Pinterest, was the idea of the brooch bouquet.  I went back and forth with fresh flowers vs. paper flowers vs. brooches for a couple days.  I made a paper flower (below) and a fabric flower (THAT one did not turn out well, so it will not be pictured) just to see what I liked and what I wanted to incorporate. 


My girlfriend/bridesmaid/bestie, Rebecca was visiting from MO during this same time (to go dress shopping with me!!!) and we had dinner at another great friend's house, Renee. I told them my idea/vision and they LOVED it. Come to find out, Renee had helped make one at the flower shop she used to work at and offered to help my mom and I with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot remember which one of us came up with idea that it would be SWEET if I could fill my bouquet up with flower brooches from loved ones and decided to ask guests of my bridal showers to bring a flower brooch with them, if they had one. Rebecca and I the next day headed to Fowler, MI to check out Becker's Bridal and it's "Magic Room" to try on bridal gowns.  On our way home we hit up about SIX thrift/antique shops and found about 10 beautiful treasures to get the ball rolling (a special thank you to Yesterday's Treasures, in Fenton MI).  The picture below are the brooches from Rebecca and I's adventure plus the ones I received as a gift for my first shower in January (put on by my beautiful, kind, giving, loving, AMAZING-the list goes on forever-bridesmaids). 


To "soften" the look a bit, my mom made some beautiful tulle roses and wired a couple hair clips/pins from Thirty One.  I decided that I would make six more paper flowers for my two special flower girls/junior bridesmaids/mini maids to hold as their bouquets. 


Here are the first batch of brooches wired (below).  Just waiting for the rest to arrive :-)  Thank you Mom!!!!!  Once we have all of them and they are wired Renee, my Mom and I will piece it all together one by one.  We will use a satin ribbon to cover all of the wire "stems".


My second shower was this past Sunday.  I got SO many more GORGEOUS flower brooches.  The AMAZING host, Kim, came up with the adorable idea (below) to display the brooches on.  One of the scarfs (the white one) was actually worn in one of her girlfriends weddings.   


BOY, did I get some AMAZING brooches. The best part was MANY of them are from grandma's and great grandma's passed down. Each one is so extremely special!!! And I get to keep them FOREVER! :-)  Thank you EVERYONE for these special treasures!!  It is so very special that these keepsakes will be with me forever.

I will share my end product with you after it is allllllll completed! 

Have a GREAT day!!!!

Xo, K

No comments:

Post a Comment