Friday, March 8, 2013

What's FAB this FRI?

Hi ya'll! We are so happy about the response the blog has gotten in just this short time! HUGE thank yous to our fabulous friends who have followed us on every means possible and keep promoting us to people on Facebook. You guys are the best! And to all of our new followers ... THANK YOU! We are so grateful for your taking your time to read such a new blog! We promise it will just get better and better!

So this week, Kristin & I had a plan, as we both accidentally got the same super cute pillows from the same online store! First, let me tell you the truth on what teachers do on a snow day. Actually, I can only speak for myself, so this is what I do on a snow day. From 9-10am I watch Kelly & Michael while pinning on Pinterest. Then, from 10-11am, I just pin and make some more coffee. Then, from 11-12, I will watch Kathie Lee & Hoda while pinning. Then, around noon, I start to be productive. I just love a casual morning! So anyways, one snow day I'm on Pinterest and Kristin had pinned a TON of super cute pillows. So then I went to the website (onekingslane.com) and there was SO many cute pillows I couldn't decide, but I knew I needed one (tragic, right?) So, I'm texting friends & Brandon asking opinions until I come across the Happy Days pillow. We had bought an old school student desk from the Salvation Army for our office, so I knew I needed something to pretty it up ... and this pillow was it! One Kings Lane is a seriously sweet website, especially when it comes to things for your house! And then, when I finally talked to Kristin about it I had no idea she had actually ordered one! Seriously, soulmates.


My other fab find this week comes from Etsy. When Brandon & I moved into our house (2 years ago in June, woah!), we had these old pictures from Bed, Bath, & Beyond that hung above our kitchen table. After awhile I realized they just were totally not our style and I wanted to make a collage of some randomness. So, that we did! I have no idea where I came up with the idea to find a board like this, but we did and I was so happy. This was actually from a movie theater that had gone out of business, so we got this board with only the letters that were on it (which were words like snowcaps, starbursts, skittles... basically whatever you buy at a concession stand). It's faded, weathered, has splotches of butter from popcorn stuck on it, but I still love it. We change it to go with the season, holiday, or latest current event. As you can see, it's ready for St. Patrick's Day. Sometimes you'll even find that our special is $1 mimosas (mostly because I indulge in these almost every Saturday). I put a big picture of our kitchen wall and maybe someday soon I'll blog about that, too! (You can see my bunch of birthday cards hanging on the line) :-)



Enjoy your weekend! Come back Monday for a super cute Mode Monday! Xo, E

No comments:

Post a Comment